Confronting the Bully
Sunday, October 14, 2012
1:00 – 2:15 p.m.
1256 Galleria Boulevard
Roseville, CA 95678 — 916-788-4320
This school year marks the implementation of State of California legislation, AB9, AB746 and AB1156, which updates the education code regarding sanctions against bullying.
Who is the bully?
- The difference between peer abuse and peer conflict
- The rights and responsibilities of parents
- The role of parents and educators to promote a more peaceful environment for children
- The education code and legal implications for peer abuse
Join local author, speaker, journalist, and mother of two grown sons, Joanna Jullien, who conducts research and fieldwork about the impact of texting and social media on family, peer and community relations. Her book, The Authority In Me: The Power of Family Life in the Network Culture, examines how mustard seeds of faith strengthen the role of parents to help children find peace in a cyber-powered world.
The Authority In Me is available on Nook at Barnes & Noble
- Go to: Barnes & Noble to purchase your copy ($7.99).
- Get a free tall drink from the café when you present your copy of The Authority In Me on your Nook.(Offer good only on 10/14/12).
- Educational materials and free goodies (books, pencils, posters) will be available
- Refreshments will be served
Seating is limited. Please RSVP to Joanna at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning to attend.
- Follow Joanna Jullien@CyberParenting
- Subscribe to Sacramento Cyber Safety Examiner on Examiner.com
- Listen to CyberParenting Tuesday mornings on TheFish103.9FM